Venue: Zoom meeting link - https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84592124954?pwd=TDF6WHhWTGs5b0FLY0tCNTA1RFZwdz09
Time: 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM
We are pleased to invite our young stars to participate in our Vaanavil
Date & Time: Saturday,
13th June 2020 @ 4:30 PM to 5:30
meeting link for
Vaanavil Shloka competition
We have 4 age group categories, 1-4, 5-7, 8-10 and 11-13
Age group 1-4
We would like to see the lovely kids in their creative fancy dress.
It would be an added joy for us if they are able to chant small shlokams
Age groups 5-7, 8-10, and 11-13
Kids can choose to recite any one of the Shloka items from the below
of course in their creative fancy dress.
- Ganesh Atharvashirsham – From ‘Om Namaste Ganapataye’ to
‘Tvam Jnanmayo Vignanmayo Asi'
- Thiruppavai - Any one verse to be chosen from verses 1 - 6
- Vishnu Sahasranamam (1-20) from 'Viswan vishnur' to
'Govindho govidhaam pathihi'
- Lalitha Sahasranamam (1-20) Om Srimata to Mahalavanya
- Laskshmi ashtakam Namasthesthu mahamaye...
- Lingashtakam - 'Brahma murari' to 'kanaka mahamani
booshithalingam ... Thath pranamaami sadaasiva lingam'
- Hanuman Chalisa (15 lines) (Sri Guru charana to Rama
lakshana seetha man bhasiya)
- Bhagavad Gita Chapter 5 (1-7 verses) Arjuna uvacha to api na
- Thirukural – Anbudaimai (1-5 verses) or Vaaimai (1-5 verses)
- Naama Raamayanam – Baala Kaandam (Shuddha Brahma to Srimad
Ayodhya Baalaka Ram)
- Aditya Hridayam (1 to 10) - Tato yuddha parisrantam to Bhanur
hiranyanreta diva karahah
Please confirm your participation by calling Mrs.Gayathri KK at
07912356740 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The whole aim of this segment in Vaanavil event ,year after year is to
motivate our SIS kids to familiarise with as many Shlokas as possible at
a young age, when they have a sponge like mind which is ready to absorb
everything and it stays in their memories forever.
So our request to parents, grand parents and carers is to encourage the
kids to take this opportunity to learn a new Shloka from the list every
year and recite them at our Vaanavil events.